Friday, June 16, 2006

Happy Bloomsday!

June 16th, 1904 is the day that Ulysses takes place. June 16th, therefore, is known as Bloomsday, in honor of Leopold Bloom, the protagonist of the novel.

Today, to celebrate, I looked at flights to Dublin. I also ate a kidney for breakfast.

No, not really. I am dedicated to literature, but not that dedicated. I did give my cat some treats, though, as she is named after one of the books of the novel. I also contemplated going to the beach, but decided to wait until a day when I don't have to be back for work in the evening. Perhaps later today my life will morph into a strange trippy 'reconstruction' in which people change gender and the dead appear. And then I will make the long trip home and think in one long sentence as I fall asleep. Yes, I will. Yes.

No comments: