Monday, July 03, 2006

In Which I Don't Know Anything

I am in Irakleio.

It took me two hours to find a hotel in this city because I did not have a map. I did not have a mapt because I left Lonely Planet on the bus yet again, and realized that although Lonely Planet identifies its customers as 'independant travellers', some of us are not independant enough as to function well without Lonely Planet. I left Lonely Planet on the bus because I was sore and tired from hiking Samaria gorge. I hiked Samaria gorge by myself because I overslept and missed the guided tour that I had already paid for the day before. Before that, I had to email Brad and ask him to do my last load of laundry for me because I didn't get it out of the machine in time before I left for Delphi. I've been meaning to write blog updates and write emails and apply for jobs, but I haven't done any of that. I am not wearing any rings and I do not know if I left them in Thessaloniki or at my hotel in Delphi. I'm going to Santorini tomorrow and I do not know where I will stay or when I will leave or where I will go after that. I don't know exactly when I'm returning stateside, or what I will do when I get there. I'm not sure if I will go to Croatia or to Prague. I really don't know anything. I'm sweaty, I smell awful, and I'm sore, exhausted and covered in mosquito bites.

Life is pretty good right now.

No comments: