Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I'm allowed in the boy's hall!

Well, I started today by waking up the kids at 7am. That's right- I woke up all 75 of them. Not only that, but this was after working until 11:30 the night before. Luckily, once they went to class, I was free to go back to bed. There are some perks to being out of school.

Of course, I sometimes have to convince people that I am, in fact, out of school. Two days ago, as I was headed through the boys dorm to my apartment, the cleaning woman stopped me, and being speaking insistent Greek with a shocked look on her face. "No," I explained. "I'm allowed in the boys hall. I'm a dorm advisor!" But she just shook her head as though to say "I've heard that one before." Luckily, a coworker caught her attention to ask a question, and I slipped away. I'm glad that I began my job as an authority by disobeying the cleaning lady. Good start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.